Tuna Harvest Salad
A classic tuna salad with a few twists, and eggs are optional.
- 15 oz chunk light tuna
- 5 oz chunk white tuna
- 2 celery stalks diced (about ½ C)
- ½ small Vidalia or other sweet onion diced (about ½ C)
- 2 small or 1 medium Granny Smith Apple diced
- 1 ½ TBSP diced jalapeño peppers I use Mt. Olive brand
- 3 TBSP sweet relish
- 5 TBSP mayonnaise I use olive oil based
- 4 tsp yellow mustard
- ½ C pecan pieces
- 4 TBSP dried cranberries
- 1 1 or 2 chopped hard boiled eggs optional
Drain tuna well and place in large mixing bowl.
Dice celery, onion, and apple and place in bowl.
Break or chop pecans into pieces.
Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
Serve or refrigerate in closed container.
I use Granny Smith because I like the tang it delivers, but I’ve used Honey Crisp and Gala apples and they work too.
This salad works well on its own, atop leafy greens or in a lettuce wrap, in a sandwich or on a bagel.