Sneak some veggies into your chili with this slow-cooked chili that calls for pumpkin purée.
- 1 ½ C Mexichili Magic Mix
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried sweet basil
- 1 TBSP chili powder
- 1 TBSP cayenne this makes for a hot chili, adjust to taste
- 1 TBSP any style hot pepper sauce or powder optional, adds some alarms to the chili
- 8 oz cans chopped green chilies substitute 8 oz. green sauce for hotter, or 8 oz. sweet peppers for milder
- 8 oz diced tomato fresh or can, but ensure juices go into the mix
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 8 oz pumpkin purée if you use canned ensure it’s plain purée
- 1 lb white corn kernels frozen or canned-be sure to drain if using canned
- 1 C pinto beans optional
- ¾ C water
- Optional Toppings
- ½ C chopped green onion
- ½ C shredded cheese e.g., cheddar, Colby jack
- ½ C sour cream
- ½ C guacamole
Add ingredients to a medium to large crockpot, and stir.
Best cooked on low setting for about 4 hours but will tolerate faster cooking on high for shorter cook. (Can also be cooked on stovetop on low setting with occasional stirring.)
Remove from slow cooker or reduce to warm setting.
Mexichili Magic Mix
Serve warm with desired toppings as a one-bowl meal or dinner side. Great for game-day parties and potluck dinners.