Tuna Avocado Salad
Tuna Avocado Salad a creamy and crunchy salad that’s loaded with protein, spreads well, packs a little heat, and satisfies the palate and belly.
- 10 oz chunk light tuna
- 5 oz chunk white tuna
- ½ small Vidalia or other sweet onion diced (about 2/3 C)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 small sweet peppers chopped fine
- 1 TBSP diced jalapeño peppers I use Mt. Olive brand
- 1 small to medium avocado mashed
- 1 TBSP sriracha sauce
- ¼ to ½ tsp salt to taste
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ to ½ tsp oregano to taste
- ¼ C pecan pieces
Drain tuna well and place in large mixing bowl.
Dice onion, garlic and sweet peppers and place in bowl.
Mash avocado and place in bowl.
Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
Serve or refrigerate in closed container.
This salad works well in a sandwich on rich, multi-grain bread, as a spread on multigrain crackers, on a bed of lettuce, or on its own.
Be sure to remove pepper seeds before dicing.