Vegstershire, anyone? Eliminate the anchovies and other non-vegan pitfalls with this tasty vegan Worcestershire substitute. Beat the original in a blind taste test.
- ¼ C white vinegar
- 3 TBSP molasses organic recommended to ensue vegan provenance
- 1 tsp sweetener of choice optional
- 1 tsp water
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp onion, finely minced
- ½ tsp garlic, finely minced
- ¼ tsp tamarind concentrate ensure it does not have fish sauce in it
- ⅛ tsp chili pepper kashmiri preferred
- 2 cloves, ground
Best after a day or two, but can be used immediately in dishes as a 1-for-1 Worcestershire substitute.
Try this in Red Beans and Rice.