Sunny Italian Smoothie
Bursting with tomatoes, lemon and Italian seasonings, let Sunny Italian Smoothie bring some warmth and sunshine into your day.
- 29 oz. flavored diced tomatoes basil, oregano and garlic (2 14.5 oz. cans)
- 2 C vegetable stock
- 2 C buttermilk
- ¼ C lemon juice one large lemon
Using Vitamix with Soup setting
Pour in a soup mug or thermal cup for a warm smoothie, or serve as a soup. Great snack, too! This smoothie also works chilled right out of the refrigerator.
- Substitute for canned diced tomatoes: dice equivalent quantity of fresh tomatoes; add 2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp oregano, 1/4 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp basil and a dash of sea salt.
- For VITAMIX users: The blender will put a lot of air into the beverage, simply skim off foam into container before serving.
- Store in refrigerator. Best in pour-friendly containers, such as canning jars.